Haiti Earthquake Updates
Haiti suffered a devastating earthquake just outside the capital city of Port-au-Prince, its biggest city. For about 20 years, Grassroots International has worked with community-based organizations in Haiti, including working with them in times of natural disaster like hurricanes. We are currently accepting donations to provide much-needed emergency relief to the people of Haiti. Earthquake Response Funds will directly support our partner and ally organizations in Haiti who are engaged in long-term recovery and rebuilding efforts.
This page is dedicated to updates on Haiti and offers links to additional resources.
Grassroots International Blog Entries and Updates
- Haitian Led Reconstruction and Development
- Feeding Dependency, Starving Democracy... Still
- Combatting Hunger by Reforesting Haiti
- Demand Accountable and Transparent US Aid to Haiti
- Beating Hunger in Haiti with Seeds and Tools for Small Farmers
- Haiti: "Post Disaster Needs Assessment" - Whose Needs? Whose Assessment?
- Rebuilding Haiti, with a Rwandan Twist
- Fault Lines--Hait: The Politics of Rebuilding
- In Haiti, Support Local Communities, Not Microcredit Agencies
- After the Catastrophe: Our Country Can Rise Again
- Grassroots Partners in Haiti receive emergency funding
- From Gaza to Haiti and Back Again
- Boston-area kids raise money to support Haiti
- Via Campesina calls for International Solidarity in Haiti
- Breaking the Chains of Dependence in Haiti
- Ten Things the United States Can and Should Do for Haiti
- Letter from Camille Chalmers, PAPDA
- Grassroots International Establishes Earthquake Emergency Response Fund for Haiti
- A Note from our Colleagues at the Presbyterian Hunger Program
- Answering the Call Even when the Phone Isn't Answered
- Rethinking Aid... Again: Responding to the Earthquake in Haiti
- Humanitarian Crises: What is a Progressive to do?
- All Hands Responding to the Haiti Emergency
- Tell Congress to Urge Homeland Security to Grant Temporary Protective Status for Haitians
Additional News and Information Sources
- AlertNet: A humanitarian news network from the Reuters Foundation that provides detailed news updates on the extent of damage and ongoing humanitarian relief efforts.
- ReliefWeb: A project of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This Web site serves as a clearing house for information related to the earthquakes and ongoing situational reports.
- United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA): An entity within the United Nations Secretariat that provides a map of the earthquake damage.