2012 Annual Report: Partnerships for Power
Grassroots International offers a progressive alternative to U.S. foreign policy by working to create a just and sustainable world. We provide grants to our Global South partners and join them in advocating for social change. Our primary focus is on land, water and food as human rights and nourishing the political struggle necessary to achieve these rights.
Since 1983 we have worked in the Middle East, Asia, Africa, and the Americas, concentrating our efforts in areas where U.S. foreign policy has been an obstacle to positive change and where creative movements build solutions to global problems from the grassroots up.
Here are some highlights from Grassroots International's fiscal year 2012:
- Provided partners and grantees with over $1.2 million in cash grants and material aid in addition to our advocacy work on their behalf.
- Continued to maximize the impact of donations received, devoting more than 70 percent of our spending to program services.
- Facilitated cross-border learning exchanges and gatherings in Africa, South America and Asia.
- Amplified the voices of our partners in policy discussions, particularly around trade, climate justice and food.
- Supported a growing network of small farmers, women, indigenous groups and human rights advocates working for food sovereignty and resource rights worldwide.
|Annual Report 2011||2.47 MB|
|Annual Report 2010||2.91 MB|
|Annual Report 2009||3.09 MB|
|Annual Report 2008||3.24 MB|